1. If you can believe it. You can BE it. When I was around 12 or 13 I started to lock myself in my room for hours upon hours. It wasn’t your typical “I hate my life because I’m going through puberty” retreat either. I spent A LOT of time meditating about my future and what I wanted it to look like. Now while I haven’t accomplished all that I plan to, I still had a vision of what would make me happy. One of those visions was traveling the world to inspire children. I’ve already conquered that while in traveling to a new country.
2. Don’t mind the people who don’t matter because they don’t matter. Really. You cannot let others opinion get to you especially in this age of social media. Take advice from some, but do not let people who add no true value to your life determine how you truly feel about any decision that is important to you. IF you feel that a persons opinion is that heavy on you..just Pray. Wait. Repeat.
3. The right relationship with God is one of the most important things in life. Not money, not things- just that relationship. Not the relationships around you the “horizontal” relationships. The verticle one that we have with God, understanding the daily open communication line that we have through stillness (particularly morning stillness) is very powerful and can shape our lives far beyond what we can imagine! Sometimes we ask God for things but we don’t listen when he sends an answer. Spend more time with him, and it will renew and transform you daily.
4. We are all in this together. We are all human, and It’s something about always making others feel important no matter who they are or how much they have. No matter what you accomplish, remaining humble is vital to success because at the end of the day we need each other. No matter how good you feel about where you are in life- there is someone who needs your shoulder to lean on. No matter how bad you feel, there is someone out there who feels what you do. My brother had up a picture of a very beautiful model and I just looked and I literally said “This girl has NO flaws” his reply? “We all have issues”, and my sister chimed in “..and that’s a FACT! Therefore, never ever ever believe that there’s no one out there who has not been through what you have been through.
5. If it’s meant to be, then it will be. Nothing can stop you when it’s time to do what it is you have been called to do. Not even yourself. There is nothing wrong with feeling down if things do not go your way or as planned. But I have learned that everything in life that happens it’s a part of a small puzzle that fits together to make your life a big beautiful picture. Don’t run from that, accept it.I learned this from Simba in the best children’s movie of all time.